Sunday, October 4, 2009

Copper Bracelets



After making the copper bracelet on the right from recycled water pipe, I decided to purchase copper tubing and try to perfect my technique. Two sizes of copper tubing were available-one fourth inch outside diameter and on fourth inch inner diameter. Since both were inexpensive, I purchased both sizes.

To make a variation, the smaller tube was selected for the new bracelet. The smaller tubing was much easier to bend around the bracelet mandrel than the recycled tubing probably due to the thinner tube wall. The thinner wall has not affected the sturdiness of the bracet. To give variety, I wrapped the extending wire before making the swirls. This bracelet is definitely better looking and will be a welcome addition to my grand daughters' copper jewelry collections.




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I have some copper tubing and haven't done much with it as yet. I think I need to play with it this weekend. Great work!
    Lois
    http://www.abeadedaffair.com
    If you aren't already a member, you should consider joining Copper Wire Jewelers. I know they will love to see these peices. http://copperwirejewelers.ning.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, I really like this informative post & wants to read more post about gemstone beads and gemstone exporter.


    ---------------------
    Semi Precious Beads

    ReplyDelete